> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Intellectual Property > I am being sued by Zuffa for illegally viewing a stream, what should I do?

I am being sued by Zuffa for illegally viewing a stream, what should I do?

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 10th, 2013 on Intellectual Property - Connecticut
More details to this question:
Zuffa has my email address and i.p. address and data saying I was online viewing this stream for approx. 30 minutes. They told me I could settle out of court or have an attorney contact them. What should I do?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 15th, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Find a local intellectual property attorney and ask them for a 15 minute consultation to discuss a complaint someone has filed against you. I know we are encouraged not to give the answer in this forum, but sometimes it is the right answer. You do not want to publish what you have or have not done to have this complaint filed, but that information would be very important to evaluating how to proceed. It would also be important to know whether the complaint was a straight copyright infringement complaint or something related to broadcasting rights. And what are they offering to settle as they may be offering something that is entirely inappropriate. If you are being sued, do not fool around with free advice online from individuals who do not have the details of your situation.

Good luck,


Report Abuse
Intellectual Property
The legal system recognizes the rights of people and companies that invent and create unique works, granting them ownership of those tangible and intangible assets through a number of intellectual property laws. Intellection property, or IP, includes patents, trademarks, copyright, trade dress and trade secrets. Intellectual property attorneys work with businesses and individuals (including inventors, writers, composers, artists and designers) to help protect these intellectual assets. IP lawyers and law firms can assist with taking initial steps to protect assets, while also working with clients to license items and to protect assets that are plagiarized, infringed and/or misappropriated.
Have an Intellectual Property Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

237 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

143 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

116 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

97 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

94 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

86 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Intellectual Property Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Joseph Hollander & Craft

Lawrence, KS

| Contact Now


Fall River, MA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums